Friday, January 9, 2009

Library Loot: January 7-13

Eva over at A Striped Armchair and Sarah from Behold, the thing that reads came up with this great idea: posting what you got at the library each week. I might not go every single week--and I might sometimes go twice!--but I'll definitely be participating. See the first Library Loot post to join in!

I happened to go to the library yesterday and picked up these books (and a movie):



Always going left to right, top row:
All We Know of Heaven
by Jacquelyn Mitchard
Because I thought it looked interesting

Identical by Ellen Hopkins
I've really liked some, not all, of the author's other books

Kingston by Starlight by Christopher John Farley
Back to that nautical/piratical stuff again, big surprise!

Sharpe's Company (DVD, Sharpe series #3)
Because I loveeee Regency-era stories and while Sharpe's character--and sort of the movie series in general--has yet to compare with that of Mr. Hornblower, they are good enough to continue watching

The Smile by Donna Jo Napoli
I felt like reading this one. I've really liked some of Ms. Napoli's works, and others I haven't, so I'm not sure what to expect

You Know Where to Find Me by Rachel Cohn
This has been receiving rave reviews, so I finally got my hands on a copy

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read Identical and You Know Where to Find Me. Rachel Cohn is awesome and I haven't read anything but a short story by Ellen Hopkins...though I do want too!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The covers you've brought home are art. Pure art.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you, whatever your opinion, so please write any comments below.